Forum Discussion

TillaSennane
Active Member II
2 months ago

Have a date format in user update step

Hello,

I have a canvas in which users enter after performing a custom event (Action-based canvas). In this canvas, I have a User Update step that is updating the object of a custom attribute via the UI editor. This object is named "date" and I want the value of this object to be a date.

However, it seems that the value I'm retrieving has a string format, not a date format. 

Do you know what should I do to have this value indeed considered as a date? So that I don't need in my content to use liquid to convert this string into a date to play with it.

Thank you!

1. Go to Data Settings > Custom Attributes
    2. Search for the attribute
    3. Make sure the attribute itself has data type as "Time" in case its default set to "String"

TillaSennane
    Active Member II

Hello! Thanks for your answers!
    The issue is that when changing the format of the attribute to "Time", Braze displays the error message shared in my first post. It doesn't recognize the format.

Anyway, it seems that it is the format of the property of my custom events which is not right, that's why Braze doesn't recognize it as a date. So I would need to change this first to make it work.

Thank you both for your help!