cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-triggering canvas after 30 days

nd__r
Active Member II

I am trying to build a canvas that: 

Is triggered by a custom event. I want that to create a content card. I want that particular content card to be available for 60 days. I can't quite figure out how to do this. 

The canvas should really last 120 days, but at 60 days in, I want to create a new content card with different content, and repeat the above by keeping it available for 60 days. 

Is there a way to achieve this in the canvas builder?

7 REPLIES 7

Alex

Hey there,

Content cards can't stay in a feed for more than 30 days. I suggest you can still create the canvas with the following steps:

1. Content card block (last for 30 days) 

2. delay block of 30 days

3. Content card 

4. Delay of 30 days

5. New content card

6. Delay of 30 days

7. New content card again

nd__r
Active Member II

Thanks for responding Alex, 

The canvas is triggered by an event that has an event property. Is there a way to essentially store that event property and use it in subsequent content cards up to 120 days later? I am getting an error when I try and use an event property that was triggered by the initial event:

"Event properties may only be used in action-based Full steps or Message steps that advance through a path (except the Everyone Else path) of an Action Path step triggered by purchase or custom events only" 

Sasha
Practitioner III

In order to store the entry properties for later use, you need to reach out to your CSM. https://www.braze.com/docs/user_guide/engagement_tools/canvas/create_a_canvas/canvas_entry_propertie... 

You can also save the entry property as a custom attribute before sending the content card. you may end up with a timing issue though if you are using the same attribute for the new content card and the one you want persisted for 60 days. If I am understanding there is an overlap of 30 days between the 2 content cards is that correct?

Joseph_C
Practitioner II

@Sasha makes a great recommendation to store as a custom attribute!

Another idea; you could set up multiple canvases for each 30 day window each triggered by a webhook API step in the previous canvas. You would then pass entry properties in the canvas trigger api call, and they could be used in the next canvas, essentially "saving" them for as long as you needed.

@nd__r question about the error, which step is giving that to you in your canvas? After an action path? You are trying to reference it as `canvas_entry_properties.${ ... }` ?